Christmas by Candlelight Tour
Friday, December 2, 2022
4 p.m.–8 p.m.
Live Music * Holiday Decorations * Treats * Model Trains * Shopping
Visit the Mississippi State Capitol, Mississippi Governor's Mansion, Old Capitol Museum, Mississippi Museum of Art, Museum of Mississippi History, and Mississippi Civil Rights Museum.
Park and take advantage of the shuttle buses running between sites. Walk or drive and come and go on your own schedule. The shuttle buses will stop running at 8 p.m.
This year's event is in partnership with the City of Jackson's Capital City Lights. The Candlelight Tour takes place from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. Capital City Lights will continue through 10 p.m. with additional activities, including shopping at Magnolia Sunset Markets, AIA Jackson Holiday Storefront Competition, live music, children's activities, hot chocolate, and choirs singing holiday classics.
Free to the public. For more information, call 601-576-6850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two Mississippi Museums
5 p.m. Johnson Elementary
5:30 p.m. Jim Hill High School
6 p.m. Pearl High School
6:30 p.m. Bells of Faith
7 p.m. Germantown High School
- Model trains and town of Possum Ridge on second floor
- Shop at the Mississippi Museum Store
- Holiday craft activity
Mississippi Museum of Art
- Younger Foundation Crèche and Bethlehem Tree Collection
- Holiday shopping at The Museum Store
- Children’s activities
- With food trucks and music sponsored by Capital City Lights.
- Photo with Santa Claus
- Trackless train rides
5–8 p.m. Sessions Jazz Ensemble
- Chambers of the Senate and the House of Representatives are open for all to enter.
- Offices of the Speaker of the House and the Governor are available for viewing.
- Stop by the Capitol Gift Shop for that special Christmas gift.
Old Capitol Museum
4–6 p.m. 41st Army Band
6–6:45 p.m. Holmes County Central High School singers
7–8 p.m. 41st Army Band
- Enjoy festive holiday lighting, traditional decorations, and faux snow on the grounds.
- Eudora Welty House & Garden staff will offer holiday ornament crafts in the Nichols Room.