Christmas by Candlelight Tour
Friday, December 1, 2023
Live Music * Holiday Decorations * Treats * Model Trains * Shopping
Visit the Mississippi State Capitol, Mississippi Governor's Mansion, Old Capitol Museum, Museum of Mississippi History, and Mississippi Civil Rights Museum.
Park and take advantage of the shuttle buses running between sites. Walk or drive and come and go on your own schedule. The shuttle buses will stop running at 8 p.m.
This year's event is in partnership with the City With Soul and Downtown Jackson Partners' Capital City Lights. The Candlelight Tour takes place from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. Capital City Lights will also continue through 8 p.m. with additional activities, including shopping at Magnolia Sunset Markets, AIA Mississippi Holiday Storefront Competition, children's activities, food trucks, hot chocolate, and more.
Free to the public. For more information, call 601-576-6850 or email email@example.com.
Two Mississippi Museums
5 p.m. Johnson Elementary School Choir
6 p.m. Jim Hill High School Choir
7 p.m. Germantown High School Choir
- Model trains and town of Possum Ridge on second floor
- Shop at the Mississippi Museum Store
- Holiday craft activity
- Photo with Santa Claus
- Trackless train rides
- Hot cocoa and cookies
- Self-guided tours of the historic mansion and East Garden
5–8 p.m. Sessions Jazz Ensemble
- Chambers of the Senate and the House of Representatives are open for all to enter.
- Offices of the Speaker of the House and the Governor are available for viewing.
- Stop by the Capitol Gift Shop for that special Christmas gift.
Old Capitol Museum
4–7 p.m. The 41st Army Band
6–6:45 p.m. Holmes County Central High School Singers
- Enjoy festive holiday lighting, traditional decorations, and faux snow on the grounds.
- Eudora Welty House & Garden staff will offer holiday ornament crafts in the North Corridor.