"Lobby of State Library." Now office space for the House of Representatives, this area has been slightly altered in appearance over the years, with the original light fixtures removed and a doorway filling the far arch.
The series consists of pages from an album of photographs of the construction of the Mississippi State Capitol building, taken between 1900 and 1903. The album was probably one of several given to various officials and dignitaries in 1903 to mark the completion of the building. In addition to exterior photos of the construction of the building, a number of the images document the completed interior chambers, corridors, and staircases. Also included are a brief introductory description of the new building, a list of State House Commission members, a photograph of the supervising and assistant supervising architects, an index of the photographs, a floor plan of one floor of the building (restricted item), descriptions of the pediment and corner stone, and one exterior view of the Old Capitol building.